Aims and Outcomes
On achievement of this qualification you will:
- Understand the housing maintenance/asset management role and how this fits into the wider context of housing
- Introduce some of the knowledge necessary to participate in housing maintenance/asset management related activities.
The qualification is for you if you are:
- A maintenance professional working in the housing sector or non-technical staff from a customer service or housing management background who want to progress to become a housing maintenance/asset management professional
- Working as a tenant liaison officer in a private construction company.
What does the Certificate cover?
The Certiﬁcate has a modular structure consisting of five training days covering four units each with its own assignment set at the end.
The Training Courses
Each of these courses forms a unit credit towards the full Certiﬁcate.
The four units are:
- Professional Practice Skills for Housing (including induction)
- Housing Construction and Maintenance (2 days)
- Accessible and Adaptable Housing
- Health and Safety Awareness for Housing Management and Maintenance.
Who should attend
The qualiﬁcation is for you if you are:
• A maintenance professional working in the housing sector, or non-technical staff from a customer service or housing management background who wants to progress to become a housing maintenance/asset management professional
• Working as a tenant liaison ofﬁcer in a private construction company.
Length of course
6 days over a 6 month period - 9.30am to 4.30pm
Next public course dates:
• 26th Sept 2019 - Induction (10.30am - 2.30pm)
• 10th Oct 2019 - Unit 1 (Professional Practice Skills)
• 7th Nov and 14th Nov 2019- Unit 2 (Housing Construction and Maintenance)
• 12th Dec 2019 - Unit 3 - Accessible and Adaptable Housing
• 23rd Jan 2020 - Unit 4 - Health and Safety Awareness
• 24th Sept 2020 - Induction (10.30am - 2.30pm)
• 8th Oct 2020 - Unit 1 (Professional Practice Skills)
• 5th Nov 2020 and 12th Nov 2020- Unit 2 (Housing Construction and Maintenance)
• 10th Dec 2020 - Unit 3 - Accessible and Adaptable Housing
• 21st Jan 2021- Unit 4 - Health and Safety Awareness
Public courses are held in central London.
For 6 or more candidates please enquire about how we can run this qualification in house course at your offices/location.
£1450 + VAT per person.
Or to get a quote for us to come to your premises and run the qualification in house, please enquire to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 0208 123 0804.
CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance & Asset Management
Upkeep’s courses have been developed by, and with industry experts.
All of our tutors have current or recent professional industry experience which means that you are learning from professionals with a great level of experience and skills.
We currently hold all of our scheduled courses in London, but are planning to start delivery in the midlands.
If you can’t make it to London, we can come to you with a bespoke training package tailored to meet your needs and those of your organisation. Get in touch at email@example.com or give us a call on 0208 123 0804.