CIH Level 4 Certificate in Managing Housing Maintenance
Please note this course is only open to students who work in England due to it being focused on English law and regulation.
On achievement of this qualification you will:
- Provide housing staff working at, or aspiring to, a supervisory or management level with a qualification to suit their needs.
- Develop skills and knowledge for the current challenges in housing and responsive repairs.
- Explore areas of housing policy and law. Prepare learners for further study in housing-related qualifications at level 5 / undergraduate level.
What the course consists of:
This certificate covers:
- Financial management for repairs and maintenance – financial reporting systems and processes; budgeting setting & management; internal & external controls and audit
- The legal framework for repairs and maintenance – legal framework for housing; legislation relating to repairs and maintenance; legal remedies for repairs and maintenance issues
- Performance management for responsive repairs – understanding performance management; setting performance measures; collecting and analysing performance management information; continuous improvement and value for money
- Customer service in housing – customer service; effective service delivery; continuous improvement; using feedback to improve services
- Managing people and change – human resource functions; team management; managing change
- Professional practice skills for housing – being a member of a profession and acting professionally; skills required; own performance; professional development
Who should attend?
The qualification is for you if you are:
- Are working in housing maintenance in England and either in your first managerial role or aspire to a supervisory or management role.
- Have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management, Level 3 in Housing Practice, or a comparable/equivalent qualification.
- Have practical, theoretical or technical knowledge and understanding of maintenance and/or asset management.
- Are able to analyse, interpret and evaluate data, information and ideas.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have cognitive and practical skills to address complex and non-routine problems.
Contact us for a quote.