Brand New Online Version
Damp in housing association properties can be very costly to put right, as well as being detrimental to the health of occupants. It is often caused by condensation, which itself is avoidable if the right steps are taken.
Upkeep Training’s online ‘Condensation, Damp and Decay’ one-day course teaches housing staff how to recognise factors that can lead to condensation and how to take and take preemptive steps to stop the situation developing into a serious damp problem.
By taking the course online, you are able to reduce travel time and costs while still having all the benefits of the training. All course documents are emailed to you for download made available to you and numbers remain limited so that we can still allow interaction between and amongst trainers and attendees. They are also structured for comfort and refreshment breaks.
Scheduled courses are delivered by Zoom and if your organisation wants a bespoke session, we can use Microsoft Teams if you prefer.
What the online course covers
- The likely causes of condensation, damp and mould growth
- The difference between condensation, water penetration and rising damp
- The link between heating, ventilation, lifestyle and condensation
- Strategies to reduce and avoid condensation, damp and mould growth
- Modern building methods and how they can exacerbate the problem
- The implications of a landlord’s failure of duty in relation to legislation and the courts
- Advising residents about reducing condensation
- Infestations and rot
Who should attend
Our online course is for staff of local authority and housing association,; maintenance officers and inspectors, administrative staff, housing officers, customer service officers and staff involved in customer relations and repairs ordering. Our condensation, damp and decay training course is also beneficial for tenant representatives and those embarking on a career in the building preservation industry.
Dates and Times
(Two sessions form the full course = 5 hrs total)
- Session 1 - Tues 23 March, 10am-12.30pm
- Session 2 - Thurs 25 March, 10am-12.30pm
- Session 1 - Tues 29 June, 10am-12.30pm
- Session 2 - Thurs 01 July, 10am-12.30pm
- Session 1 - Tues 9 Nov, 10am-12.30pm
- Session 2 - Thurs 11 Nov, 10am-12.30pm
£295 + VAT to attend the public online course, or for groups of 8 or more, please enquire about an in-house course
Download the Datasheet here for more information.
Online Course - Condensation Damp and Decay
Upkeep’s courses have been developed by, and with industry experts.
All of our tutors have current or recent professional industry experience which means that you are learning from professionals with a great level of experience and skills.
If you would like to find out about a bespoke training package tailored to meet your needs and those of your organisation. Get in touch at email@example.com or give us a call on 0208 123 0804.