This one day course provides staff involved in housing procurement with a valuable insight into this important function, or for those staff who want to gain wider business knowledge or have some procurement responsibility and want to understand the discipline further.
What the course covers
Over the one day workshop delegates will cover:
- The Purchasing Contribution
- The Procurement Cycle
- The Five Rights of Procurement
- Purchasing Methods
- Finding and appraising suppliers
- Understanding Requirements and the importance of accurate specifications
- Announcing/advertising the work
- ‘Getting the best deal’ – considerations of price, quality & value for money
- Tips for Effective negotiations
- Awarding and managing a contract
Length of course
1 day - 9.30am to 4.30pm
In house at your premises.
For a PRICE please enquire to email@example.com, or call us on 0208 123 0804.
Introduction to Housing Procurement
Upkeep’s courses have been developed by, and with industry experts.
All of our tutors have current or recent professional industry experience which means that you are learning from professionals with a great level of experience and skills.
We currently hold all of our scheduled courses in London, but are planning to start delivery in the midlands.
If you can’t make it to London, we can come to you with a bespoke training package tailored to meet your needs and those of your organisation. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0208 123 0804.