WE NOW HAVE AN ONLINE VERSION OF THIS COURSE.
To book or find further infomation about our Online Course - Condesnsation Damp and Decay click HERE.
Condensation is a common cause of damp that damages properties, harms the health of residents and leaves a big hole in repairs budgets.
Upkeep Training’s ‘Condensation, Damp and Decay’ one-day course teaches housing staff how to recognise condensation pitfalls and take action to prevent problems spiralling.
What the course covers
- The likely causes of condensation, damp and mould growth
- The difference between condensation, water penetration and rising damp
- The link between heating, ventilation, lifestyle and condensation
- Strategies to reduce and avoid condensation, damp and mould growth
- Modern building methods and how they can exacerbate the problem
- The implications of a landlord’s failure of duty in relation to legislation and the courts
- Advising residents about reducing condensation
- Infestations and rot
Who should attend
Our course is for staff of local authority and housing association,; maintenance officers and inspectors, administrative staff, housing officers, customer service officers and staff involved in customer relations and repairs ordering. Our condensation, damp and decay training course is also beneficial for tenant representatives and those embarking on a career in the building preservation industry.
Length of course
1 day - 9.30am to 4.30pm
In house at your premises or see our calendar for public courses
£295 to attend the public course, or for groups of 8 or more, please enquire about an in-house course
Download the Datasheet here for more information.
Condensation damp & Decay
Upkeep’s courses have been developed by, and with industry experts.
All of our tutors have current or recent professional industry experience which means that you are learning from professionals with a great level of experience and skills.
We currently hold all of our scheduled courses in London, but are planning to start delivery in the midlands.
If you can’t make it to London, we can come to you with a bespoke training package tailored to meet your needs and those of your organisation. Get in touch at email@example.com or give us a call on 0208 123 0804.