Adapting Properties for People with Disabilities
The personalisation of services taking place under welfare reform means more people will be choosing to stay in their own homes with support rather than enter the care system.
As a result, there will be growing demand on housing providers to ensure their properties are meeting the needs of vulnerable residents.
What the course consists of:
- Understanding the adaptation process
- Communicating with the occupational therapist
- Types of adaptations
- Available equipment
- Specifying works, such as text and drawings
- Communicating with clients and managing expectations
- Managing the installation of adaptations
- Repair and maintenance of specialist equipment
- Funding adaptations; personal budgets.
Who should attend?
Our course is for staff who are asked to adapt properties, as well as those who manage the process. It is also for people who deal with the repair and maintenance of specialist equipment and would be helpful to people who assess works as part of the disabled facility grant process.
Contact us for a quote.